Gantry 4 Framework
HTML5 and CSS3
  • Bourne Valley Associates Ltd

    Welcome to Bourne Valley Associates. We provide design, planning and project management services to the Agricultural, Industrial and Renewable Energy Sectors.

    We provide a comprehensive, cost effective and personal service for all areas of the development from conception to completion.Bourne Valley Associates provide design, planning and project management services.

    Read More
  • Agricultural Design

    With over 10 years of agricultural experience we are happy to help with your new farm building design. From single buildings to full farm redevelopment, please contact us to discuss your requirements.

    Read More
  • Renewable Energy

    Anaerobic digestion, solar panels and bio-mass are our speciality, contact us to discuss your Renewable project...

    Read More
  • Industrial Design

    We have designed and built a large number of industrial buildings over the last 10 years. Feel free to contact us to discuss your requirements, we will ensure your project runs smoothly.

    Read More
  • Equestrian Design

    Covering all aspects of any large or small equestrian project, we can help you with your initial ideas and plans all the way through to a completed tailor made project. 


    Read More
  • Residential Design

    Architectural design, householder applications and listed building consent are some of the services we offer to the residential sector. Contact us to discuss your requirments.

    Read More
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6

Certificate Of Lawfulness

16 Dec 2012

Not all development requires Planning Permission. Traditionally advice has been given by Development Control staff over the telephone or by letter confirming whether or not Planning Permission is required.


However, this service is now being over-stretched by a change brought about by the Council for Mortgage Lenders guidelines for Solicitors. These guidelines recommend that any development should have written confirmation that Planning Permission, if needed, was obtained or if Planning was not required, that this also should be confirmed. The Government has introduced a process called a 'Certificate of Lawfulness'. This procedure follows a similar route to a full planning application, although in the case of proposed works the application is not advertised and there is no consultation with neighbouring properties. In the case where the development has already taken place, this is advertised and consultation with neighbouring properties is carried out.The main benefit of ensuring that you have either a Certificate of Lawfulness or Planning Permission (should it be required) is that when ownership of the property is transferred to another party there are no unnecessary delays in respect of planning matters, which appears to be the case at the present time.

We understand the requirements of these types of application and will guide you through the system.

Making an Application

The fee for proposed works is half the current Planning Application fee at that time, but a full fee is required for existing development. You should note that a ‘Lawful Development Certificate’ will only confirm lawful development under Planning Legislation and not Building Regulations.

  • All
  • Services
  • Planning
  • Agricultural
  • Design
  • Renewable
  • Construction
load more hold SHIFT key to load all load all

Quick Menu


Follow @bournevalleyltd on Twitter Follow @bournevalleyltd on Twitter